As an engineer and techie by profession, I often find myself explaining optical and digital photographic concepts. It must be something in my genes, because my dad is the same.
As a result, I have lectured on raw image processing, image composition, and photographic and post-processing techniques at photography clubs in Yorkshire and the North West.
Some years ago, I also started writing articles in photography forums. I have compiled these articles in one place, on my website. I hope you find them useful too.
- Aperture and F-numbers
- Calibrating your Workflow
- Display Profiling Voodoo
- ETTR, or “Getting It Wrong In-Camera”
- Everything You Need to Know About Colour Management
- Get Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to Open Your Photos
- L-Numbers: an Alternative to F-Numbers
- Reasons for Raw Photography
- Sharpening and Noise
- Sharpness and Chromatic Aberration
- The Truth About Depth of Field
- What is Raw Photography?