Being trained as an engineer, and as a techie by profession, I’m often asked to explain technical photographic concepts. I have occasionally lectured on raw processing, composition and camera operation at photography clubs.
A few years ago, I started writing some of these explanations down as articles in photography forums. I have now started to compile these articles in one place, on my website. I hope you find some of them useful too.
- Aperture and F-numbers
- Calibrating your Workflow
- ETTR, or “Getting It Wrong In-Camera”
- Everything You Need to Know About Colour Management
- Get Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to Open Your Photos
- L-Numbers: an Alternative to F-Numbers
- Reasons for Raw Photography
- Sharpening and Noise
- Sharpness and Chromatic Aberration
- The Truth About Depth of Field
- What is Raw Photography?